Velodyne Optimum Series 10-Inch Subwoofer $899.99

JavaIsRobust

Well first off let me ask who you actually purchased it from? The only black ones I see are from the price pros which I cannot find on velodynes authorized dealer list. So if that's where you got it I would return it in a heartbeat as it will have no warranty and could even be a grey market item. With that being said velodyne is a great sub company and I have owned a few of them when I was younger. In my opinion this sub is probably fantastic for music and probably pretty descent for movies. Without knowing what your listening habits are hard to say if its going to be the best choice. If your mainly watching movies I would say your money could be much more wisely spent an authorized dealer of a larger woofer that will dig deeper than 23hz. Or possibly used and get even more bang for your buck if your not gonna get a warranty. Let us know if you have any more questions.

I did purchase it from Price Pros not knowing any better. It has not shipped yet so I can still cancel it.

I saw it here at...

http://xform.audiogoshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7170&offer_id=B001HKO7Q0

for $219.00 as well.

I figured that was too good to be true. The amazon website says it has a three year warranty from price pros. I plan on using it mostly for movies but for some music as well. Which sub would you recommend for around $800 to $900 then?

I just cancelled my order. It was actually sold by beach audio, not price pros. I found an authorized dealer near my area. I listened to a Velodyne Optimum 12 and thought it was nice. THe owner let me purchase the floor model for $850.00 out the door. I figure if i don't like it i'll sell it later on.