ARE THE WF-35'S BETTER THEN THE F-3'S

keffer86

I was lookin at new egg and they have a sale on the WF-35 and WC-24 Icon-W series. I currently have the Synergy F-3 mains and a C-2 center. Can any one provide any insight on how they compare. And whether or not this would be a good upgrade?

This is a subjective question that only you will be able to answer for yourself. The Icon W have a furniture grade finish, a flower shaped horn for better off axis response and differ in their construction. More expense was put into the Icon W. Fiber glass cone woofers will have their own tonal quality compared to IMG woofer. The Synergy speaker are also well built and have a great sound. I own some Icon V series speakers and love their sound but, bigger magnets, better drivers are in my Reference speakers and they should last longer. The hard part about audio, is that we have to try things out to see which we perfer.

I see the sale as well. Please don't assume this is a once in a while

Sale. They are the price almost every weekend. I keep an eye on them daily as I have heard they go down to 500 for a pair. Which is much better than 650-800 which is what they have been on sale for in the last three months. I have heard they are great for music. I want them for a living room setup. Since I already have a theater setup. But I think if I had only one I would be wanting more out of the center that the line up does not have to offer.

I have seen several posts saying that they are great for music. I intend to use them for movies and gaming as a home theater system in the living room. I am a novice to klispch I feel that my Synergy's are great but could be better. I know I need to upgrade the current receiver I have (Yamaha RX-V563). Honestly I was just looking at the price and figured if the WF-35 orginally sell $1,500 a speaker. And my F-3 went for about $500 a speaker that the Icon W's must be better then my Synergy's.

You and I have probably read all the same post. Also I have found quite a few post that said there was a typo on their website and those were 1500 a pair. So the 250 "upgrade over your 500 dollar synergy is gonna be for the furniture grade finish. So keep that in mind as well. I would say if your synergy are not making you happy try and find somewhere to listen to the reference line. They can be had for well

Below Msrp. You could go with something like the rf-62 rc-62 and rs-52 in the rear for fairly cheap and you would

Probably love them. Give mike at acousticsounddesign.com a call and ask what he can do for you on that set. It will blow your mind! And that set would serve your for years to come.

Having heard both in good rooms, I'd have to say the synergy line is way more dynamic and has a better midrange presence. The WF line is more laid back, almost mushy sounding in comparison. You're basically paying for the wood finish which is really easy to scratch off...

Neverd anyone call klipsch mushy before. But I have never heard these before. But like I said take a look at the reference line if your looking for more.

Well I wouldn't call them mushy compared to other brands - it's just more in the direction of that flavor (which some people I know actually prefer...). But ya, Reference would be the next step up from the Synergy. The RF-7II is wicked awesome if you can swing it - otherwise I'd probably do the RF-62.

There is a pair of RF-7's in the garage sale thread for 700$ along with the rest of the matching setup, all excellent prices. I don't believe they are sold yet. Give the seller a shot, I am sure you won't be disappointed by them, especially at that price. They would blow the WF-35's away, no doubt.