Dope From Hope?

B-BOOM

----------------

On 6/17/2003 8:22:16 AM justin_tx_16 wrote:

I love to do this kind of stuff, but right now I am trying to save every dime and penny so I can continue this kind of life through college. I am trying to get a job at a HiFi A/V place in Columbia Missouri (Going to U of Missouri @ Columbia) but I will need references since they just see me as a kid who wants a few bucks. Klipsch, wanna give them a call?!
:)
Your own Klipsch dealer in Columbia! (they also sell dynaudio, krell, sunfire, paradigm, sennheiser, grado, ML, all the high end stuff, fun place to go! even have Mondial/Aragon!)

Thanks, and your welcome (tee hee)

----------------

Would that be D&M Sound? EDIT: I read the other reply. Cool place. I hope you enjoy working there.

Why MU instead of any Texas school if I may ask?

<-- MU grad, May 2002

I don't actually have a job there, yet. Working on that.

Why Mizzou and not some place in Texas?

Quite frankly because my high school was a peice of crap and never sent any transcripts to any of my colleges until we sued them and they finally sent one to Mizzou which was the only college that would accept me since they were the only college, out of about 5, that received a transcript. 30 transcript requests, only one was sent out. If you really want to learn about the big hairy mess and why I would not let any of you people move to houston and send your kids to this school, email me.

LOL, I've heard more than enough about Houston to never want to live there. I think you'll like MU. Columbia is a great city and MU is right next to downtown and within walking distance to all the bars (= no driving)

Plenty of fine looking women there if I do say so myself. If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to send me an email. I can tell you all about professors, classes, good places to eat, etc...

Remember to buy a coat! You'll need it in the winter. 9.gif

justin,

Along with Diggs advice to "buy a coat" for mid-Missouri weather, I will add a caveat or two: Don't get the heaviest-a#@ coat you can find... something mid-weight, along with some long-sleeves,so you can wear layers to more easily adapt to the (sometimes volatile) climate changes.

There's a saying in these-here-parts, to the effect of "If you don't like the weather, just wait 24 hours".

All in all, I think you're going to enjoy it... we might be a little more fast-paced and quick-witted than you Texaners are used to; that southern heat slows the synapses a little (which may, in part, explain our current Commander-in-Chief's mental failings...)

----------------

On 6/22/2003 4:15:57 PM chuckears wrote:

justin,

Along with Diggs advice to "buy a coat" for mid-Missouri weather, I will add a caveat or two: Don't get the heaviest-a#@ coat you can find... something mid-weight, along with some long-sleeves,so you can wear layers to more easily adapt to the (sometimes volatile) climate changes.

There's a saying in these-here-parts, to the effect of "If you don't like the weather, just wait 24 hours".

All in all, I think you're going to enjoy it... we might be a little more fast-paced and quick-witted than you Texaners are used to; that southern heat slows the synapses a little (which may, in part, explain our current Commander-in-Chief's mental failings...)

----------------

Spoken like a true midwest veteran!

1.gif