the right driver for a 9-9.5 cubic foot cabinet

The Dude

I have a pair of so called EV Regency cabs that are approx 9-9.5 cubic foot ported cabs. I was told that this design was one of Paul's design for EV back in the day rather that is true or not it is a corner loaded cab. That with the right corner and driver could make a pretty nice passive sub. So what do I need to look at when picking the right sub. I was looking at a evm18 b which only calls for a 7.5 cubic foot enclosure would a bigger air space down grade the bass to much. Any help would be great.

A K33E works well in a Regency cabinet.

I used a pair stacked in the corner of a dance club and they pounded pretty good.

http://www.eminence.com/speakers/speaker-detail/?model=Gamma_15A

A good inexpensive driver that would work.

A good friend of mine used these in a pair of Regency with K55V on a 511 type horn for the mids. They still sound good (20+ years down the road).. He built tops that were styled like the Klipschorn. We used a single tweeter that was used in the original MCM1900. A custom network was designed with the aid of a spectrum analyzer and a calibrated mic.

a good friend of mine used these in a pair of Regency with K55V on a 511 type horn for the mids. They still sound good (20+ years down the road).. He built tops that were styled like the Klipschorn. We used a single tweeter that was used in the original MCM1900. A custom network was designed with the aid of a spectrum analyzer and a calibrated mic.

That was my original attentions(exactly) until you hooked me up with the buddy of yours from Iowa with the Khorn bass bins. I will let my friend know, I have the cabs sitting in the corner collecting dust. They need to be put to good use.