Bill Fitzmaurice Omni 12 Fullrange as center with La Scalas?

The peak around 500hz cannot sound good, do you think EQ can fix that?

"i dont have space for a third La Scala."

What size would you be comfortable with? Is it the height, width, or depth?

i dont see why the peak couldnt be fixed with a cut.im more interested in the cab itself. i wonder if i could pop klipsch drivers and x-xover in there. The size constraint is the height and depth. this would be about as big as i could go. maybe its not worth the trouble and i should just use a Heresy?

This would be a pair of the drivers of the type used in the Quadscala, 102dB/2.83V/1M, -3dB at 46hz. It would outperform the BFM box for smoothness and bass extension, and be the same size. Use either a K600/601 or K700/701 and your choice of K77 or K79 tweeter. Use the basic Cornwall or Cornwall II Klipsch network for the components you pick, the midrange cap would need a small change if using the K700/701. The woofers are about $45 each from PE.The mid and HF would be like the vertical style Cornwall.

Driver Properties
Name: 295-030
Type: Standard one-way driver
Company: Dayton Loudspeaker Co.
No. of Drivers = 2
Mounting = Standard
Wiring = Parallel
Fs = 46.4 Hz
Qms = 9.56
Vas = 2.08 cu.ft
Cms = 0.348 mm/N
Mms = 33.77 g
Rms = 1.03 kg/s
Xmax = 5 mm
Xmech = 7.5 mm
P-Dia = 209.6 mm
Sd = 345 sq.cm
P-Vd = 0.173 liters
Qes = 0.51
Re = 5 ohms
Le = 1.33 mH
Z = 8 ohms
BL = 9.824 Tm
Pe = 300 watts
Qts = 0.484
no = 1.112 %
1-W SPL = 92.61 dB
2.83-V SPL = 94.65 dB
-----------------------------------------
Box Properties
Name:
Type: Vented Box
Shape: Prism, square (optimum)
Vb = 4 cu.ft
Fb = 42 Hz
QL = 5.852
F3 = 46.29 Hz
Fill = minimal
No. of Vents = 2
Vent shape = rectangle
Vent ends = one flush
Hv = 10.88 in
Wv = 1.5 in
Lv = 9.658 in

The internal dimensions about 26.5H x 22.5W x 13.5D with a spit slot type port 2x 10.875W x 1.5H by 9.5D (from the front of the cabinet).

This would be a pair of the drivers of the type used in the Quadscala, 102dB/2.83V/1M, -3dB at 46hz. It would outperform the BFM box for smoothness and bass extension, and be the same size. Use either a K600/601 or K700/701 and your choice of K77 or K79 tweeter. Use the basic Cornwall or Cornwall II Klipsch network for the components you pick, the midrange cap would need a small change if using the K700/701. The woofers are about $45 each from PE.The mid and HF would be like the vertical style Cornwall.

So for a center would you use two or four of the drivers?

i dont have space for a third La Scala

I'm thinking if you don't have space for a 3rd La Scala, then perhaps you don't need a center channel at all.

A pair of properly deployed La Scala can throw an awfully convincing phantom center depending upon how well your AVR can matrix the surround sound encoding.

"So for a center would you use two or four of the drivers? "

Given his size requirements I would just use two drivers. This also allows him to use basically stock Klipsch HF parts and network designs as well. With a K600/K55V/K77 component group the timbre should match fairy well too.

i dont have space for a third La Scala

I'm thinking if you don't have space for a 3rd La Scala, then perhaps you don't need a center channel at all.

A pair of properly deployed La Scala can throw an awfully convincing phantom center depending upon how well your AVR can matrix the surround sound encoding.

thats what im doing now and it works fine on center but once you move off to the sides you lose that ancored ound.

"So for a center would you use two or four of the drivers? "

Given his size requirements I would just use two drivers. This also allows him to use basically stock Klipsch HF parts and network designs as well. With a K600/K55V/K77 component group the timbre should match fairy well too.

OK, so wire them in series for 16 ohms?

If so, what kind of efficiency will you get from the speaker?

Is it still 100 db+ or will you need to attenuate the mid and high?

From your description it sounds like it should just about match up without attenuation.