Six speakers on a post

Folks, I'm currently running a Mac 2105 that has the old screw method of speaker wire installation. I'm running a Monster speaker box for the three pair of speakers, Khorns, Belles and Heresy all off of the 8 ohm screw. I have 16 ohm and 4 ohm screws as well. Can these screws be utilized to control output among any and or all of the speakers? Thanks for any help in advance. I am not tech savy.............

since no one else has chimed in. don´t do this, the complex loads you will present to the amplifier may fry the amp or your speakers, etc. the amp has no ability to switch between output taps so you need a speaker controller (as you have already bought) try the different taps to see which sounds best with your speakers via the controller and stay with that. if someone else has a different opinion, well let´s wait and see what they say. regards, tony

If you run 2 8 ohm speaker pairs in parallel that presents 4 ohms to the amp. A Mac 2105 has the famous Mac output autoformers which basically interface various impedances to the amp such that amp is able to deliver full power under almost any impedance load.

(8 x 8) / (8 + 8) = 4

4 ohms is no issue at all and will be fine.

However, if you add another pair of 8 ohm speakers so you have 3 pair of 8 ohms in parallel that takes the total impedance down further to under 3 ohms.

(8 x 4) / (8 + 4) = 2.6

The 2105 manual states that 3.2 ohms is fine. Knowing McIntosh...............I'd say 2.6 is probably OK as well, but it's below the spec of what the manual says it recommends. Try it and see if the unit gets too hot. You will probably be fine.

So if you run all 3 pairs simultaneously they should all be connected to the 4 ohm tap. If they are being switched individually, the 8 ohm tap.

You should not be using multiple taps.