Creative mixer resets to 2 stereo speakers on reboot?

I have had this problem off and on for a while now and it's really starting to bug me :P Whenever I reboot my system the creative mixer resets to 2 stereo speakers instead of 4 point surround for my 4.0's. I have checked the control pannel settings and it's set to quadrophonic speakers like it should be. I'm thinking there may be some other place I have to set things to 4 speakers instead of 2 but I don't know what it would be the only sound programs I have are the suit of stuff from creative that was with the card.

my specs are

Win Me

1.8 ghz p4

gf3

audigy gamer (reinstalling the latest drivers fixed the problem for 5-10 reboots)

384 meg pc800

thanks in advance

that happened to me also. what my problem was this. Yeah, SB Live was set to do 4.1, but my WinXP volume control panel was set to 2.1, so everytime it would restart, Windows would take over. I set the windows volume control panel to 4.1 and the problem was solved.

if that does not work, reinstall your sound card, seems to fix most software based soundcard problems. a pain sometimes, but worth it if it works.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

here... yeah, you had the right place i think

4speaker.jpg

that was the problem with me.

what other sound card have you had installed? any onboard cards? reinstall it, see if that works.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>