Well...well...well

quote:

Originally posted by Hardy:

If you really love rain then move to Louisiana. Hell, if it really *rains*, you need a boat to go anywhere
Frown.gif

- Hardy

Haha. I don't like rain that much. Infact, I lost my first car, Land Rover Range Rover Country, to Tropical Storm Allison.

No no no Smile.gif

If it is when you set something or alter ANYTHING with the computer to cause the problem... it is the computers fault. If what you put into the speaker is good line level, than what you put out will be good, hence that when you hook up the cd player to the promedia's with the adapter, you will be getting surround sound and if it sounds good, then the problem is your computer. the pro's don't know the difference in your Fader, only your soundcard/computer does. this happened before, i remember, and it was something wrong with the computer because he brought the speakers to his friends house and everything played A-OK. what kind of computer do you have? MOBO?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

quote:

Originally posted by trespasser_guy:

Why can I never word it that way?! That is the same thing I was thinking, yours is just clearer and more precise.....
cwm13.gif

Why you ask? Because I am the forum GOD... not really Smile.gif I have been doing this longer (did tech support since my first computer class in 1st grade, not much haha, setting up printers and whatnot on LCII's and LCIII's and finally, before I moved to the country, Performa's. Oh yeah... and I am better than you. just joking Smile.gif God created all Klipsch lovers equal under his eyes, am I right? Maybe PWK is a little better than us all, but who contests that? Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

ASUS CUSL2-C mobo w/Intel 815 chipset and no onboard anything

Intel PIII 800

Win XP PRO

384 megs of RAM

Maxtor 45 gig 7200rpm HD

Audigy Gamer sound card w/latest drivers

Creative Labs GeForce 256 Pro 64 meg DDR video card w/DetonatorXP drivers version 28.32

Creative Labs 52X CD-ROM

Creative Labs 8432 CDRW

Zip 100 drive

Addtronics ET6890 case with 300 watt PS

Klipsch 4.1's w/16 guage mod speaker wires ala Radio Shack

This message has been edited by gabriel11 on 06-09-2002 at 10:17 PM

Life would be uncivilized haha, we would be running around with BOSE cubes on our ears... AHHHHHHHH Smile.gif

Good watch and listen eh? I love it! Can not ait for my home theater to be finished (finished drywalling it and soundproofing.... next is flooring and seating, then speakers!)

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

quote:

Originally posted by gabriel11:

Also read this thread...

yes... however, read the last post. this is different to your problem.

quote:

My prob was a little different in the fact that when I plugged a CD player into the speakers I still had static.

you did NOT have static when the CD player. but, you need to try this adapter and use the cd player, you might get different results which would be able to show a problem with the circuitry, but only with the adapter or another computer.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

quote:

Well I tried the adapter trick.....They sound AWFUL

Now that I've tried the adapter test and found the same distortion (or worse...buzz too) I can assume that it's the speakers. I posted Leeb's reply because he too was an Audigy owner and had a similar problem...his cleared up with the removal of one of the speaker jacks...mine does not, it stays distorted whether I unplug a sat or not. Now when the speakers are plugged in as front only or rear only the distortion is not present...It's a 4 speaker together thing.

cwm36.gif

This message has been edited by gabriel11 on 06-09-2002 at 11:05 PM

ok, so now we have confirmed that is it not the computer (which is a relief in a sense $$$) but a similar problem as leeb. have you contacted Amy? call or email her asap. that info is in my signature.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

I bought them from newegg.com in December. I will get ahold of Amy and see what it is she thinks I should do from here. I am assuming that Klipsch will want to do the exchange and that they will not recommend that I return anything to newegg. It would certainly be easier to return the sub only, or would I have to return the whole set?

quote:

I bought them from newegg.com in December. I will get ahold of Amy and see what it is she thinks I should do from here. I am assuming that Klipsch will want to do the exchange and that they will not recommend that I return anything to newegg. It would certainly be easier to return the sub only, or would I have to return the whole set?

you would only need to send in the sub to klipsch.

newegg.com was not an authorized dealer when you bought the speakers from them were they? i don't think they were. therefore, you will have to send the speakers to Newegg. I would do that anyways, i have heard that their turn around is very quick.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support