KV3 and impedance

likeitloud

Hello all. I just joined you all, and am very glad I found this site. I have got pair of KG4's and ,with some SOUND advice from some others,am going to get a KV3 center to go with them. The question I have is this, my KG's are 6ohm, and the KV3 is 8ohm. My Yamaha RX-V595 impedance selector is set at 4 or higher the pair of mains(KG4's) and 6 or higher for center. (?KV3). Will that being considered, be good to go?

Hi, thanks for the advice. I posted it on the 2-channel forum also. That is probably a better forum for what I have. Will I get better or worse , or no difference in sound by using the 8ohm selection? I I only listen to my music way loud. My KV3 is on it's way. Do you think that will be a big difference in the music end of it? I know the reciever is not the best match , but it's what I have for now. I cannot afford way much as far as that , but do you have any upgrade recomendations? I know the KG4's don't even hold a candle to that awesome system you have,but there the best speakers I have ever owned, and now I'm hooked! I just don't want to do anything to damage them. I REALLY APPRECIATE tour feedback!, and hope I'm not chewing your ear off with all this. THANKS AGAIN, Jeff

• Moderators

I posted it on the 2-channel forum also.

Great idea.....lot of knowledgable guys over there that can give you rock solid advice.

Will I get better or worse , or no difference in sound by using the 8ohm selection?

I can't see how it would make a difference in the "sound".

I only listen to my music way loud.

One of the many reason we all love Klipsch. [:D] I like mine loud as well.

Do you think that will be a big difference in the music end of it?

I do not use my center for music, only for gaming and HT. Just my preference.

I know the reciever is not the best match , but it's what I have for now. I cannot afford way much as far as that , but do you have any upgrade recomendations?

My last receiver was a Yamaha RX-V1800. It was a $1200 receiver new (I paid $400 for it used). It sounded fantastic for HT but to my ears, only OK for 2ch. To me, the older Harman Kardon receivers are VERY musical for 2ch. I've owned the HK AVR 55, 60 and currently own the AVR70 and they all sounded fantastic. All of them can be had for less than $125. If you use it for HT too, I would definitely recommend one with at least DTS and Dolby Digital processing.

I know the KG4's don't even hold a candle to that awesome system you have,but there the best speakers I have ever owned,

You will find no need ot compare your system to mine or anyone else's here. We are excited for you that you are putting together your first Klipsch system. My first was a pair of CF-2's with a KV3. Bought an RC-7, RF-83's and then sold the CF-2's and KV3 and it was all downhill from there. I've owned lots of Klipsch speakers over the past 4 years since my first Klipsch system. It's a great hobby and a lot of fun finding sweet deals on CL.

and now I'm hooked!

Hi...my name is Michael and I am hooked too. Unfortunately, there is no cure so the best I can offer for your solace is this great community of addicts. [:P]

hope I'm not chewing your ear off with all this.

Not at all Jeff, that's what we are here for. When I first joined, I too was like you with all kinds of questions. As you can see from my post count, I'm trying to give back to a community that has invested time in helping me.