Between Klipsch G17 v/s B&W Zeppelin Air ?

augustya

Hey Guys,

So I am planning to buy a Airplay Speaker and I am confused. Between the Klipsch G17 and Bower&Wilkins

Zeppelin Air, Which one has a more powerful, tight and a punchy BASS. I do

listen to a lot of Techno, House kinda music so having a very very powerful

Bass is top in my criteria.

I am not an Audiophile but I do like my sound to

be perfect, Bass being tight and punchy, clear vocals and guitars. I am not

gonna use this speakers just for Music I am looking at this speakers for their

overall performance which means I may even watch movies in this speakers, so I

would want the dialogues, background music in movies to very crisp and clear.

So keeping all this in mind between the Bower&Wilkins Zeppelin Air V/S Klipsch

G17 which one I should go for.

How do you guys think a movie would sound

in the Klipsch G17 ? Are the dialogues clear and does it give equally pleasant 2.1 -Kind of Listening Experience while watching a Movie ?

Thanks

Augustya !

I think reading this review would help you quite a bit with deciding between the G-17 Air & the Zeppelin Air: ENGADGET

"Compared to less expensive AirPlay speakers like iHome's $300 iW1, the $550 G-17 Air is an unquestionably a major step up, and we'd easily choose this puppy over options like the slightly spendier $600 Zeppelin Air."

Among units similar to the G-17 Air, we believe we come out in top in terms of bass.

Movie playback isn't the #1 purpose for the G-17 Air; however, several of us have used it during lunchtime to watch Mad Men and enjoy the sound.

Gosh ! Finally somebody replied on this thread [:P] I was thinking such a vibrant Klipsch Forum and how is my post going un noticed. Anyways Alex, before you put the link I have already gone through this review about the G-17 on Engadget and yes I have read the review on quite a few Tech Sites. I was hoping a end user feedback review on this. Generally reviews from profesiional Tech sites, magazines tend to be biased if they have been having a association with the product company for long. Again I may be wrong. Ok so I do imagine that Klipsch G17 may have a powerful Bass because I personally also have high regard for the quality Klipsch produces. Have been long fan of the Klipsch Promedia GMX-2.1 (If I remember the model number correctly) Man !! That was one heck of a fantastic speakers, have never..ever...ever..come across anything as fantastic as that ! That was out of the world ! So listening to those speakers Klipsch made me look at them with extreme, extreme high regard.

But Like I said I may use the G-17 speakers to watch mioves (even if they are not meant to be) But as you are saying from your own experience of watching a couple of movies, the experience is not bad either right ? (I hope I can take your word for that, [:D] keeping in mind you are a Klipsch Employee [:P]

So watching movies should not be a problem right on the Klipsch G17 speakers ?

Cheers !

Augustya !

• Like 1

My wife has owned a G-17 since the last pilgrimage and while I would say it won't have nearly the bass punch as your ProMedia's it did surprise the hell out of me with the bass it has and it's top end SPL. We have it sitting on a bookshelf about 3 1/2' high and it did shake the hardwood floor with an area rug in furniture crowded room that's 12' X 14'. I would say it's best played in a small room if listening is a bit more critical. In a dorm would be great.

BTW- Alex, I'm still waiting for the Android version of Air-Play. I was told it's still in development.

BTW- Alex, I'm still waiting for the Android version of Air-Play. I was told it's still in development.

AirPlay is an Apple-only thing, so there will never be AirPlay for Android; however, a G-17 Air that works via Bluetooth is obviously something we are working on and debating.

Gosh ! Finally somebody replied on this thread Stick out tongue I was thinking such a vibrant Klipsch Forum and how is my post going un noticed. Anyways Alex, before you put the link I have already gone through this review about the G-17 on Engadget and yes I have read the review on quite a few Tech Sites. I was hoping a end user feedback review on this. Generally reviews from profesiional Tech sites, magazines tend to be biased if they have been having a association with the product company for long. Again I may be wrong. Ok so I do imagine that Klipsch G17 may have a powerful Bass because I personally also have high regard for the quality Klipsch produces. Have been long fan of the Klipsch Promedia GMX-2.1 (If I remember the model number correctly) Man !! That was one heck of a fantastic speakers, have never..ever...ever..come across anything as fantastic as that ! That was out of the world ! So listening to those speakers Klipsch made me look at them with extreme, extreme high regard.

But Like I said I may use the G-17 speakers to watch mioves (even if they are not meant to be) But as you are saying from your own experience of watching a couple of movies, the experience is not bad either right ? (I hope I can take your word for that, Big Smile keeping in mind you are a Klipsch Employee Stick out tongue

So watching movies should not be a problem right on the Klipsch G17 speakers ?

Cheers !

Augustya !

Need a little more info. What will you be playing the movies through? Your computer? An iPad? Are you hooking up the G-17 to the TV?

Essentially, your speakers will only sound as good as the source. Just keep in mind, the bass of the G-17 Air is very very good for an Airplay speaker, but it still doesn't compare to a separate subwoofer.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, The other day I had a chance to thoroughly test the Klipsch G17 and my First impressions Yes it sounds very Crisp, Warm and Clear but...But...Though the BASS is good in itself...For me the Kind of Music that I mostly listen to Techno/Club/Electronica the BASS was still something I would have desired for more...My understanding for the reason is the G17 only packs in a woofer and not a Sub-Woofer. On the other hand a Airplay Speaker like the Zeppelin Air has a Sub-Woofer of 50 Watts RMS and that is a lot of power for a Sub-Woofer to have in a Speakers such compact and Portable. I liked the Klipsch G17 speakers for its look...It is a extremely good looking speakers must congratulate Klipsch Guys on this. It looks stunnig and it feels great to handle it. But...But if it had a little more Power in the BASS a Sub-Woofer instead of jsut a woofer !!

Hey Alex are you guys working on any Successor model of the Klipsch G17, I mean if you guys are, and if it is due for launch in the next 2 months or so I can still wait. I am not in a Hurry !

• 10 months later...