Was the KP-301 socketed for stand mounting?

twalkonline

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

That depends on which cabinet they are in. I have a pair of KP301-B-Br in laquered blonde birch cabinets on short risers, no socket at all.

Si - the black roadable ones have the post sockets.

I found this here abouts, but since KP-301 info is somewhat lacking I figured it wouldn't hurt to re-post:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/storage/19/1908632/KP-301complete.pdf

KP-301complete.pdf

• 2 months later...

If you'd like to add a Pole mount socket to ANY speaker cabinet (make sure the mount will support the speaker's weight), here's an easy way to determine the center. Take a dowel rod (broom handle will work, put on a flat surface and balance the speaker on it, mark the point where the dowel touches the cabinet's bottom. Do likewise in the other direction. Flip speaker over, connect the lines - there is your center of gravity for mounting the pole socket so that weight will be evenly distributed.

I like to use the metal cups from Parts Express. There are two standard sizes, 1 3/8 and 1 1/2, some stands come with an adapter and I try to use the larger size when possible, but make sure they mate up ok to your intended stands. I like to drill a hole exactly the size of the cup so it is supported by the 3/4 ply somewhat. DO NOT USE WOOD SCREWS they might pull out. Instead drill holes and use #10 flat head machine screws, flat and lock washers or nylon locking nuts on the inside of the cabinet.