Need recommendation...

boomer76

Hey, I've posted on the forums previously and really need all your input.... Okay so I was bouncing back and forth between staying with klipsch and buying psb or jbl.... I have come full circle and decided to stay with klipsch for many reasons....

So here is my dilemma, I am trying to figure out exactly what series to go with, this system will be used primarily for movies/tv 90%, music 10% , I want a 7.2 system, am probably going to by pieces at a time as I find deals I can live with, I have only heard klipsch's new lines, so vintage is probably not an option as I would not have heard them...

My rooms dimensions are roughly 17x15x 8 with ceiling beveled in to 5 feet high over 3 ft on one wall (where my tv is 73" dlp Mitsubishi ), are 62II plenty of speaker with matching components or 82II package, I am currently piecing together the amps/processor and got a heck of a deal on an Emotiva amp 5 channel xpa-5, I am probably going to get the xpa-2 at some point to push the towers, considering an Avr with pre-outs utilizing audessey like marantz or denon...... All suggestions welcome on amps/processors and if I should try to hold out for rf-63 or rf-83 system or any other package I should consider....

Thanks ahead of time!!!!

Nice to hear you got a deal on the Emotiva, and that you chose Klipsch for your system, Cheers...[Y].....The Reference series sounds like a great choice for you..........I think if you have the funds to obtain the 63 or 83 with an RC-64 center, you should hold out for those......You will not be disappointed.....[8-|]

That's a relatively small room and you shouldn't need to spend a whole lot on a sub, though most will still recommend it to have all that extra power for the very bass heavy scenes. I really like my RT-12d and got a pretty good deal from a fellow forum member, and I believe it's good for 2000 cubic feet. It's fantastic for music, but for movies, I think most would point you in the direction of an Epik Empire or an SVS sub. An Epik Empire sub would probably be perfect for you in that size room.

As far as the fronts go, if you can hold out for an RF-63 or RF-83 setup, you won't be disappointed. They really are amazing speakers. If you go something smaller and are anything like myself, you would always be wondering if you are missing out on something. I would keep an eye out for RF-7's as well, though I believe if you are really concerned with matching the speakers, the matching surrounds and center for the RF-7's are a little harder to find.