best bookshelfs to match RC3II

Bcfineberg

• Moderators

The RB-3 or RB-5 would work well with the RC-3ii. Keep in mind, unless you are actually mounting the speakers on an existing shelf, if you have to put your bookshelf speakers on stands, they will take up about the same footprint. Just trying to give you some angle to help the wife let you keep them. [:D]

Lol. From experience, this argument doesn't work very often. That's how I ended up with the Gallery series speakers mounted on the wall in my living room instead of RF25's OR RB35's w/stands. I said "Well let me just buy these RB35's and the oak stands and see what you think". Two weeks later and my bank account reflected a deduction from the purchase of Gallery's. Final score over the years......Wife = 71, Husband = 0 (maybe 15-20,lol) Good luck amigo!

Edit: I didn't even comment on the pairing question, jeesh. As noted above, the RB3's or RB5's would be great. Personally, I'd lean towards the RB5's. The 8in woofer packs a nice little punch, even when configured as rears in an HT as I have been using them. I'd include RB35's in the bunch too. Also an 8in woofer in these ones and they sound great on their own (ideally with a sub). Of the group RB3's would leave you with a smaller woofer on your mains and who wants that, lol. But those may pop up first. All three of them are relatively scarce on the open market (read:Craigslist, eBay, etc.) but can be found occasionally on sites such as this. Again, from experience in my own quest to find some of these older speakers. Although I was also looking for "reddish" woods in particular, like cherry and mohagany. Posting a wanted ad on here had some results although most "sellers" weren't looking to get rid of them and thus the price was pretty steep IMO. Again, good luck amigo!