Klipsch Lascala 1994 Vintage...Off the floor?

challenger1

First, what do you hope to accomplish by raising them? Do you want the upper frequencies to fire further up from the floor?

That is the only reason I can see to want to raise them up higher. Raising the speakers off of the floor will lessen the noticable performance in the bottom end, which already tends to severely roll off around 45 Hz.

It is easier to answer a question when the asker tells what is wanted...in the performance of the speaker.

I added 4" legs to the bottoms of mine, I liked the results. I feel it cleaned up the overall sound of my LaScalas and removed some muddiness in the bass/mid bass probably from floor reflection/interactions. I dont feel I lost low end at all but I have done alot of work to strengthen my cabinets that improved bass quality greatly to me. I can run these without any subwoofer and be satisfied with bass output. Just try simple 4" blocks of some kind on each corner and see what you think.

Hello,

I put my La scala's up about 4 inches on a spiked platform I built out of 2 inch lumber and painted to match my speakers.

It allowed me to get them level and stable for the first time. It improved imaging noticeably.

I cannot speak to the bass changing much as I do use subwoofers.

On the whole, I would recommend you try it!

This is my first set of Lascala's and like most other speakers that I have had in the past they seem to benefit from using Spikes or Tip-Toes of some sort to De-couple the speakers(most quality floor standing speakers provide some sort of spike holes) from the floor especially a sprung carpet over hardwood floor. Imaging and bass response usually improve. Wasnt sure how much pressure the bottom of the Lascala could take. Actually I wanted to try these inexpensive rubber hockey pucks I picked up at the local surplus store that I had planned to use under a turntable or amp. Thanks for the ideas.

This is my first set of Lascala's and like most other speakers that I have had in the past they seem to benefit from using Spikes or Tip-Toes of some sort to De-couple the speakers(most quality floor standing speakers provide some sort of spike holes) from the floor especially a sprung carpet over hardwood floor. Imaging and bass response usually improve. Wasnt sure how much pressure the bottom of the Lascala could take. Actually I wanted to try these inexpensive rubber hockey pucks I picked up at the local surplus store that I had planned to use under a turntable or amp. Thanks for the ideas.

Sorry, but I just dont see how LaScalas sitting on top of carpet can be considered to be coupled to the floor under the carpet in any way (unless usng spikes). The simple fact is that they ARE NOT coupled and that is the problem to begin with. LaScalas were designed to be stage speakers and not home speakers. Give this a try...it is very inexpensive and may just produce good results for you. Remove the metal glider "feet" on the bottom of the LaScalas. Go to Wally World or anywhere where they sell GRIPPERS in the hardware department in the area where they have rubber feet for furniture and such. They are round self-adhesive neoprene items about 3/16" thick. Get the inch and a half diameter ones, they will come in packs of eight, I believe. You will need two packs. Put four on the bottom of each speaker in the corners and ONE in the center of the bottom of each speaker. Then put the speakers back to where they were on the carpet and see if there is any difference.