Dynaco ST-70 Tube Amplifier (Sale or Trade)

Appleskinner

Original Vintage Dynaco ST-70 Amplifier with a full professional rebuild. I purchased this locally from the original owner in 100% original condition and recently had it rebuilt. No rust, dents or scratches...also has the highly desirable cloth transformer leads. Commonly referred to as the "Poor Man's Mcintosh", this is probably one of the most popular tube amps ever manufactured and it sounds absolutely heavenly since the upgrade. I am only selling to downsize to a smaller integrated tube amplifier.

* New power supply
* New bias supply
* New FR-4 phenolic driver board
* New 7199 driver tubes
* New RCA's to give more room for better interconnects
* New binding posts
* New power cord
* Bias test points moved to the center, using the old RCA jacks
* All wire joints re-soldered

Asking $750 or will consider trade for updated Fisher or Scott integrated with at least 20 watts per channel.

Amp runs dead quiet and sounds incredible. The chassis, transformers and cage are nearly perfect.

post-25126-1381982365579_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

The Dynaco ST-70 is still available. Will consider reasonable offers or trade for Scott LK-72, Fisher 500C or similar integrated models with recent restoration. I had planned for this to be my daily driver, but don't have the shelf space to go the separates route and need to do some more downsizing, so am looking at going back to an integrated setup.