JUSTIN oh JUSTIN I NEED HELP

hi, first of all i would like to thank you JUSTIN for helping me out. as you know that i have a Audigy card and i have been using the pc for six years. As for my windows volume i always keep every thing to max for e.g wave volume,master volume etc. Now as i told you before that i got these KLIPSCH speakers without a manual. i just got it two days back. everything was fine. i didnt knew that that - sign on the subwoofer for the certified limit so i kept that woofer at 12-00 and thought that it was half. then as for the main volume knob i kept that on 9-10 and the speakers worked out fine even with my windows max controls. now i got a dvd and ran it . i ran the matrix scene and what i did was i kept the subwoofer to 12-00 (same) but i increased the main volume and took it to 12-00 too with a dvd and it ran for 5 minutes and i heard that noise from the woofer. now i checked the speakers yesterday for around three hours. that port noise or some other noise is coming at low volumes too now. i am keeping it at the certified woofer sign still that noise comes at some parts. well what do you think . Is it me who damaged the woofer or was it a faulty one? Question 1

now secondly hopefully i am getting a new set today . THANK GOD. now please recommend what should i do. since i dont have a manual. LISTEN i will keep the windows volume of wave and main volume to max so dont tell me to reduce that what i will do is that i will control the volume throught the knobs and i will keep it under control. so now the windows volume is max and i will keep the subwoofer level to that sign of certification and i have a audigy card . now what should my limit be for the main control knob on the sattelite speaker and what else do you recommend? Question 2

so there are basically two opinions that i need from you . one in the above para and the second in the second one. Sorry for such a long peice of writing but i wanted to explain to you everything so it will be easy for you to help me out. LOOKING for your detailed reply on both the questions. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!!!

Ok. So when you set the control pod subwoofer volume to 12 you got a port noise? that is undertandable. how about at 9?

Here is what is happening. You could have the bass knob turned to full blast, play low volume music and get a ton of bass, as you turn up the main volume, the bass gets louder and lower, moving the woofers faster and with more excursion. that means it is moving more air faster, more air is going in and out of the front port than the port can handle. (now, don't just say, why did klipsch not make the port bigger?, if you make the port large in diameter, the effectiveness of the ported design to lower frequencies is lost, so the port is a science, not just a peice of plastic).

so you get port noise, turn down the subwoofer. slowly it will get better and better, now leave it at the white mark. any port noise? if so, then you need to go into your audigy control panel and turn down the bass sin there, or any bass boosts. better yet, go to the task bar, right lick on the volume icon, click properties, click file - - - advanced. make sure to center the treble and bass settings in that window. that is often the cause of port noise.

now, if you think that there really is something wrong, which i doubt honestly, then you can exchange them with your store even without the manual. it is only four pages and you can print it off the net. it is on my website, http://www.soundwise.n2v.net/ click on helpful info and then on manuals. it is a PDF file, so you must have Adobe, which is free and an VERY common program, i bet you allready have it.

how long have you had the ProMedia's?

6 year old computer?! This is intersting. I can not keep a computer for over 1.5 years. this computer is at nearly a year and i wil be getting a new laptop by september, my other laptop is about 2 years old. all my other computers just get on my nerves by 2 years. what have you done to keep this computer up? especially so that it can have an audigy and a dvd drive?!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Well, I'd recommend keepin the windows volumes as high as 90%, 100 is told to have distortion, anyway, the 4.1 sub imo was made sort of like a sunfire, in that it is almost too small to be playing that kind of bass, and it has to be setup very carefully to not get a boomy sound. Anyway, I think Klipsch definately got the most out of 2 6 1/2" drivers in terms of putting volume before accuracy, but they weren't meant to play that low, especially in that small enclosure, so you get port noise earlier, you should get port noise at certain frequencies with the pro 4.1, at almost all volumes. 30 hz is an example of that, there is port noise at almost every audible volume. I'd leave the sub at neutral anyway. I wouldn't think there is anything wrong unless you can hear something loose. If the noise is really coming out of the port, then it should be working right.