Truck spray-on bedliner on speakers?

twalkonline

Yeah, I thought I'd get a quote from a place that does it professionally. (I probably don't want to do it with the stuff you buy in the spray can at the auto parts store.) I'm just curious if any one has actually done it. How well does it adhere to the previously textured, painted and scuffed up plywood? Are there any down sides (other than cost, possibly) or things to watch out? I assume that if there is no getting this stuff off once it's on.

I just bought some "DuraTex" sold by http://store.acrytech.com/Speaker-Cabinet-Coatings/ It will be here in a few days. This stuff is the sh!t. Go on you tube and look at some of the videos. I am going to build a tapped horn and use this. I don't think you can do any better if you are going with a black or white finish. Bill

Anybody ever heard of or have experience with using that spray-on truck bedliner mat'l on road cases and PA gear?

I've used duratex on a car sub and on a guitar amp. The stuff looks great and is tough. You will need to scarify and clean the surface and possibly prime before applying the duratex. I was painting raw birch, so I primed my speakers. There are a few small chips on the car sub, but it took a little abuse.