new 4.1's emit screetch/static at high freq's

Alarion

Well, this is my *third* set of Klipsch speakers.

First two sets didn't handle power surge's very well (funny that everything else did both times).

Anyhow, I got these from Compusa about a week and half ago after taking back my blown ones (thank god for taps).

Now these have a static like noise on any reasonable volume. I know it has absolutely nothing to do with any kind of EQ settings as my old ones sounded perfect. I have also hooked some other speakers up to ensure it wasn't the sound card. As an example, the startup sound for Musicmatch jukebox causes the mid's (and tweeters) to make the kind of static noise you would hear when you mess with the plugs in the back of the speakers.

All four satellites have this problem. I really don't want to have to lug these back into Compusa for yet another exchange and I was hoping maybe there was something I could do to fix it. Frown.gif

thanks

unfortunately I don't have a portable CD player (or anything else I could plug them into) Frown.gif

I still have the satellites from my first set, and they give off the same static, but only when hooked up to THIS sub box. Maybe it's something in the box? *shrugs*

it is probably the amp.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>