Steam Powered Preservation Society

Lonelobo

Just found these guys on the web. Folk and Bluegrass live recordings given away for free in flac and mp3 format. Haven't listened in depth to any of them but they appear to be a mix of Festival recordings and genuine sound checks and jam sessions. Should be interesting to explore. FTP to get the files. Login info at the bottom of the music page. Good fun for those in the nose.\

Happy audiophilia friends and neighbors!!!

Well, I've downloaded every flac that this sites houses and I must say there's some awesome live performance stuff in the mix of sessions, festivals, and old archival recordings. So far, I've only nixed one group. The rest are more than listenable and you get the distinct impression of being at the venue as there's not a lot of editing done. By far, the best free music I've come across...it reminds me of listening to my old raw recordings...and that's a lot of fun. If you don't like folk and bluegrass, stay away and have another Bud Light.