Tube Amp in tri-amp system

coolhandjjl

you might consider something like this zero feed back class A balanced or not and no capacitors in the signal path as few parts as possible or that you are ever likely to find and with tremendous phase charateristics. This is a very clever design. There must be at least 1500 posts on the thread atr diyaudio including much input from John Curl of Parasound fame. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.audiophonics.com/

I had to lift the ground on the power cord. Sorry for not making myself clear.

I don't know if that has an audio term.

Using the term Ground Lift or Lifting the Ground in audio circles assumes a setup that involves three wire audio signal connectivity (plus, minus, outer shielding) between the source all the way through to the power amp, and specifically refers to removing the shield connectivity of your audio signal on one of the components.

Don't want anyone to get fried here.

I had to lift the ground on the power cord. Sorry for not making myself clear.

I don't know if that has an audio term.

Using the term Ground Lift or Lifting the Ground in audio circles assumes a setup that involves three wire audio signal connectivity (plus, minus, outer shielding) between the source all the way through to the power amp, and specifically refers to removing the shield connectivity of your audio signal on one of the components.

Don't want anyone to get fried here.

I guess I have to explain myself further- By isolating the earth lug on the power cord (also known as the "ground"), I was able to reduce the background hum to an inaudible level. Whether there was a ground loop issue or something else going on, I'm not really sure, but the end results are a greatly reduced background noise level. Nobody is going to get fried. Most things plugged into wall circuits aren't using grounded plugs. God, I hope I don't get thrown out of any "audio circles" for using the wrong terminology!