RCX-4s as surrounds? Need input.

JDB_Rocks

Due to the odd shape of my living room and limited surround placement options in my apartment, I'm wanting to upgrade to a 5.1 system so I've been trying to find some nice RSX-5s (or even RSX-4s) at a reasonable price for quite a while now with no luck. I've not really been seeing them up for sale much recently and when I do they go for a price. In looking around for the RSXs I'm seeing more RCX-4s available at reasonable prices.

So my thinking is that since I can more easily get 2 RCX-4s for the same or less than 2 RSX-5s or 4s would the RCX-4s work as surrounds in my setup (see below). I would love to use some RS-xx surrounds but that's just not feasible. I need the wall &/or ceiling mount capabilities, flexible positioning and lighter weight of the RSX/RCX speakers.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your input.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your input.

The RCX-4's would work fine as surrounds. I used a pair of RSX-4's as surrounds with my RF-63/RC-64 combo for over two years and they sounded fine. I eventually did upgrade to the RS-35's which do sound better but the RSX-4's held their own pretty good. The RCX-4 with the added 4 inch woofer is a little more efficient 94dB vs 90dB for the RSX-4 so it should have a bit more presence.

Bill

Edited by willland