Quartet Twetter Replace

littlebug

Need Help Im Putting New Replacment Twetter Poly Diaphragms Back In My Quartets

I Did Put In New Titam. Diaph's. But Do Not Like The Sound.

My Q. Is The Old Diaphragms Had A Damping Mat'l. Inside Them I Tost It Trash. Two Yr. Back.

Do I Need That For My New Poly Diaphragms.

If I Do What should I Use ???

Thanks For Anyyyy Help On This.

You can use fiberglass or felt . You might want to see if you can find a pir of K79 tweeters with phenolic diaphragms as this motor is stronger than those in the Quartet. The poly diaphragm is the very worst in terms of performance of those available with the ti being the best. You may find that you will like the ti diaphragms better if you include some damping underneath them. I hope this is of interest. Best regards Moray James.

if you found the ti diphragms to be harsh I would suggest to you that what in fact is happening is that the ti diaphragms a with their extended response are most likely exposing system faults. I suspectthat this a case of the messinger. I would suggest that a fresh set of caps in your crossovers may well clear up the entire proble, I will also say thet the poly diaphragms are a garuntee for harsh sound. They are in my opion the very worst diaphragms which Klipsch ever installed in any of their loudspeakers. I have used and installd numerous sets of Ti diaphragms and Harsh does not in any way discribe them. Hope this helps. Best regards Moray James.

Ti can be like using a magnifying glass in a system, you can see all the warts more clearly now.

The poly is similar to using Vaseline on a lens for a softer focus, less detail.

It may be the electronics, or perhaps the program material.

I did a party with a system of mine a while back. It had 8 horn-loaded 15s for bass, 4 horn-loaded 12s for mids, and 2 Ti 2" throat horns for the HF. All hi-fi quality amps. It sounded better than 99.9% of hi-fi systems and you could run it up tp 3K+ (tri-amped no less) and it just go better and better sounding.

On good program material.

On typical pop music it was almost un-listenable above a watt or two. A DBX 3-BX dynamic range expander really helped clean up the compressed hard-sounding highs, and allowed a much better listening level. The best sounding program material got played two or three times throughout the course of the party. The PA was set up in a tent attached to a garage, and a space-heater had to blow directly on the CD players so prevent skipping (can you believe it got down to 25°F that Oct 31?). The salesmen from the local Klipsch dealer (where I used to work) had to be pried out of the tent by their wives and girlfriends, they just wanted to sit there huddled in their coats and listen. I ate all the sugar-snap peas from the buffet table, and a good time was had by all (except the women in skimpy costumes that were cold).

I hope this is of some help.