KB-15 vs KS-14

MichaelC

I owned the Icon V version of both speakers. The bookshelf has a little more output and extension. The surround speakers are great since they are easy to wall mount Due to the need for stands for the bookshelf speaker, the smaller towers in the series also works great for surround back speakers. What is your setup?

I have a pair of Icon KF-28's, 55" Samsung, Sony STR-DH500 reciever, PS3, XBOX 360, and a Wii. I will probably go with theKB-15's for rears after i get the center channel. I just couldnt see the advantage of the 14's. Im also looking to get a new reciver de to the fact that mine is pretty low end. It sounds good but the HDMI only passes through video, no audio.I have all my stuff hooked directly to the tv and an optical cable out to the reciever which means no DTS HD Master Audio or any of the fancy new formats. Any suggestions on what brand reciever sounds good with Klipsch?

I purchased a pair of KB-15's first and wasn't very in to them. Great for music and all but didn't really "fill the room" for surround sound. Took them back and got the KS-14's and love them. Really helped out the spots of movies I was lacking and also helps hide the direction of the sound source as well. But this is just me, I use mine more for movies and less music 50% movies 40% gaming 10% music