Adding floor speakers to the Quintet

Abel danger

Hey guys I'm considering purchasing the quintet system for my home and adding two floor speakers. The idea is to use two of the quintet speakers as front high speakers for a 7.1 setup as I don't really have a good layout for back surround speakers. Can this be done and still achieve consistent timbre/ voice match? If so which model/size floor speakers do you suggest? I already have a klipsch 350 watt sub. Thanks.

I'm not sure which line they are from. I don't think it specifies but ill check again. My biggest concern is the timbre issue. I'm a total noob at this but based on my research I know it's a problem if you mix speaker brands but I'm thinking I might be okay as long as all the speakers are klipsch. I just wanted to hear it from the experts.

Others will chime in with advice also, but it's most important to timbre match your front left, center, and right. Not having experience with the quintet specifically, I would guess they'll be adequate for rear surround and front heights, but depending on which towers/center you end up with, you might eventually wish to replace them in this regard as well.

Best advice I can give you is to buy the best fronts and center that you can, even if you have to save a little longer to do so. This will save you from the upgrade bug...which will cost you more in the end (speaking from experience [:$]). You can always replace the surrounds and heights later, if you want to...

And welcome to the forum!