1980 klipschorns

SBinLilRock

scam...or hijack account

Agreed....It's usually both as the scammer probably stole the password and hijacked the account. Anytime you see that "image" or "text" in the description area that says to bypass eBay and use that email address, the auction is a scam. The pictures of the item are typically stolen from other auctions.

When I was tracking Citation II amplifiers a while ago, the eBay search sent an auction with the same pictures of the same amp that I had won about a month earlier. Since I already had won the amp and received the amp, I knew that auction, which was from a different seller with similar "images/text" that stated to bypass eBay as the link in this thread, had to be a scam and reported it to eBay.

scam...or hijack account

Agreed....It's usually both as the scammer probably stole the password and hijacked the account. Anytime you see that "image" or "text" in the description area that says to bypass eBay and use that email address, the auction is a scam. The pictures of the item are typically stolen from other auctions.

When I was tracking Citation II amplifiers a while ago, the eBay search sent an auction with the same pictures of the same amp that I had won about a month earlier. Since I already had won the amp and received the amp, I knew that auction, which was from a different seller with similar "images/text" that stated to bypass eBay as the link in this thread, had to be a scam and reported it to eBay.

Another observation, the seller has 880 feedback total and looking at the listings, you will see almost 1,500 new items listed. Pop a couple open and you will see many higher dollar items with the same message to bypass eBay.