ProMedia 5.1

fury00

no, but that's a good place to start when humming is the result. it could also be a control pod or a number of other internal components in the sub. its one of those things that is pretty hard to diagnose over internet and if what I wrote doesn't help, then sending to a professional would probably be the best thing.

Fury,

The 5.1 Bash amps have a history of trouble that's well documented here on the forum. I just searched on "5.1 amp problem" and got over 3,000 results. I suggest you do some reading to see what others have found/tried and hopefully save youself some hassle.

I've been down this road myself and having read through those old posts, I decided to replace the sub with another (had one laying around), get a cheap 5.1 AVR (~$200) and keep the Klipsch sat's.

Good luck,

Mike

• 1 year later...

There is another thread on this site regarding the humming issue in which StPete Cooling said the hum was almost always caused by 2 100 uf capacitors by the two small black heatsinks on the main board. Many people on that thread fixed their hum problem by replacing them. My ProMedia 5.1 had a terrible ear shattering hum. (Started off low and gradually got worse.) After reading StPete's suggestion I went to Radio Shack. 30 minutes and $3.58 later my problem was fixed.