Pioneer VSX-1122-K

tromprof

Back in December I bought a Pioneer SC-1222-K receiver for my basement K-horn/La Scala system and was blown away with how good the sound was. My upstairs system was very cumbersome to use for my wife and kids with a tube amp and preamp and other boxes and switches to get it up and running, so I decided to try another Pioneer receiver, the VSX-1122-K. The 1122 is a notch lower in the line-up, the the big difference in the amp sections. The 1222 has the "D3" class D amps, where the 1122 is traditional class AB design. Well I have to say I am very pleased with the sound it is getting from my KG series speakers (KG4 left/right, KG3 center) and tuba table sub. We watched the Red Violin the other night after I got it all dialed in and the sound is very good Not up the basement system's standard but still better than I ever thought I would get out of the KG speakers. Once again, very happy with Pioneer! [:D]