Shopping for Multi Disc DVD Progressive Scan

Mon

I absolutely love my JVC XV-FA90 7 disc changer...It is progressive scan and also has DVD-Audio and MP3 capability.

Only two very minor complaints:

1) Changer is a little noisy, but hey I got 7 discs ready at all time for demo's and I can't here anything but my movies and music anyway!!

2) No cursor on face of unit (north, south, east, west, enter) you have to use the remote for scrolling through menu's.....very minor.

I bought mine at www.onecall.com, their service, prices and warranty are the best I have found. I paid $341 delivered in December, 2001. Prices are under $300 now for this unit I believe.

------------------

You have to have an HD ready tv in order to take advantage of progressive scan.

-Scott

------------------

BobG modified Forte II's on the way to relegate KG 4s to surround.

KG-4 Fronts

RC-3 Center

Klipsch Quintet Surrounds

DIY Sub based on Adire Audio Shiva Woofer

Sony DB830

i also have the 7-dvd JVC changer...it is very nice. i never owned a different progressive scan unit, so i can't compare, but it has a good output. offers coax and optical outputs, 5.1 analog, and reads everything (cd-rw, cd-r, mp3, etc).

------------------

SF-2 mains

sc-1 center

kb1.1 rears

ksw-12 sub

denon 2802

quote:

Originally posted by b-man1:

i also have the 7-dvd JVC changer...it is very nice. i never owned a different progressive scan unit, so i can't compare, but it has a good output. offers coax and optical outputs, 5.1 analog, and reads everything (cd-rw, cd-r, mp3, etc).

Im also looking for a multi disc DVD player and I'm considering either the JVC or the Toshiba. Do you have any advice on this matter? Or is there a better player out there? I would only like to spend between 200 and 300 dollars.

This message has been edited by AUGIE on 06-27-2002 at 06:00 PM

Really happy w/my Toshiba SD3755 w/progressive scan Has 5 disc capacity, plays DVD, CDR, CDRW, and MP3. Has bookmark function to index movie scenes for later reveiw, virtual surround sound, and coaxial & optical outputs. Even has a karaoke feature for karaoke DVDS.

Found it @ Tweeter for $250.00.