Noob with new to me LaScala lsi splits.

bwayjoes

In my main listening room I currently have a set of anthony gallo's reference series, my bedroom has a set of pardigm, and my sons room has a set of dynaco a-25s. Trust me, I will own a set of "pretty" lascalas or khorns within the next 6 months :)

• 2 weeks later...

The trim is looking good, if your intention is to enjoy them in the front room, by all means polish away. Post your technique here. They are indeed BG (black glass) models, the early type - that was laid up with random fibreglass mat and gel coat. Later ones have a more porous look that's flatter but not as glossy - those were created with what is called a chop gun that spits out the fibres and goo all at the same time.

disassembly is tricky. Remove the perimeter screws from the baffle board (front board with horns attached. Remove all screws from jack cup and handle and remove those. Make sure to save the screws in a safe place. With the speaker on a large work bench, reach in and remove the bolt/nut holding the K400 horn to it's support. Then scoot the horn unit out slightly, you'll be able to see the network on the side panel of the cabinet, there are screws on a bakelite panel that can be removed one pair at a time (marking them as you go). Once the four wires for MF/HF are removed, the input jack cup can be rotated sideways, inserted in the cabinet through it's opening, and the whole shebang comes out the front.