Time to brace my Chorus'

wuzzzer

Since I have a few days off of work and my wife is out of town visiting her family I thought it would be a good opportunity to get some stuff done around here. One of the items on the agenda is to brace the cabinets of my beater Chorus'. We have a ton of leftover wood from re-doing our stairs last year so there's no money invested in materials (except glue).

Well, as fate would have it, my cell phone fell in a puddle of water when I was leaving work yesterday so I don't have any means of taking pictures of what I'm doing. I'm not adding a ton of bracing. Mainly around the woofer going both front to back and side to side. I figure some is better than none. Thanks to the other threads on here I had a decent idea of how to install them.

I also removed some of the foam I had put in the cabinet as a dampening agent. I had cut pieces to be the entire height of the left and right sides of the cabinet. I removed the foam from the lower half or so so that I wasn't dampening the bass too much.

I attached a quick Paint jpg of what I've done so far. On the bottom, in between the two ports I glued a block on the front and back that I then put two pieces of wood attaching the front and back of the cabinet. On top of that I added a horizontal brace with a piece of wood that's about the width of the other two braces combined. Anything else I should do while I have the cabinet open? Should I change what I've already done to something that will work better?

post-18173-13819831351224_thumb.jpg