What to expect

Hello everyone, I have on my hands an LF-10 subwoofer that I bought about 1 1/2 years ago. It hasnt been used very much, and I found that it is not working properly. The indicator light comes on, but almost no sound comes out, even with its level turned all the way up.(you can hear a little bit of sound when your ear is right next to it). And now I found that it also leaks air (I have heard this is also a bad thing for this subwoofer). When I push on the side drivers I can hear air leaking out. When I push on the front driver I can feel a slight clicking or popping feeling in my hand (Is this a bad thing? Being that the 2 side drivers dont do it). So, I assume my only option is to call the Klipsch tech support, but I was wondering what to expect, is there by any chance a recall? If not, how much should I expect to pay for repairs?

Thanks,

-Jay

no recall. were they shipped to you? how did you get them? are you the original owner?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Call 1.800.klipsch and get an RMA.

If you bought the sub new from an authorized dealer (ubid maybe?) then you shouldn't have to pay for repairs as long as you have your sales receipt.

I purchased an LF-10 from ubid and after about a year I had a problem with the amp, I sent the amp back and Klipsch sent me a new (rebuilt) one. Works like a charm ever since. For the air leaks you can call Trey Canon @ 1.800.klipsch and he can probably advise you on finding and fixing the leaks but if I were you I would just send the whole thing back and let them fix it.