Audiogon "Wake Up Your Ears"

Rdmarsiii

Has anyone tried this yet? I'm downloading it right now... Sounds decent on my Modes, I don't have my Ultra2 system up and going right now, but do have a pair of KL-650's with a T-Amp with 50wpc right now, though its not done downloading. Just wondering if anyone else has got it, or noticed the offer yet.

just listened with headphones so far. the sound is impressive! i thoroughly enjoyed it.

browsed quite a bit of inventory which is pretty diverse. new recording and remasters of tape going back to the sixties and older.

didn't pull the trigger on anything else. they are a little pricey but some really had me curious.

just listened with headphones so far. the sound is impressive! i thoroughly enjoyed it.

browsed quite a bit of inventory which is pretty diverse. new recording and remasters of tape going back to the sixties and older.

didn't pull the trigger on anything else. they are a little pricey but some really had me curious.

They are quite pricey. I did see if you sign up for their newsletter or whatever you get a free download. I didn't get a chance to take advantage of that yet, but maybe later tonight I will. I sort of want to hear how their copy of Hotel California is.

Overall the music is pretty nice, just not my genre I guess. I do love their copy of 'Ave Verum' though.

I'm thoroughly impressed with how well the KL-650's do with two channel, especially since that isn't their specified use. Using them in a bedroom isn't their intended use either, but it has to make do I suppose.

good to know about the KL-650's. They really look good, too. They ought to sound good.

Listened to all the tracks on LaScalas this afternoon. The recordings are excellent and i thought the sound was very good.

I'll check out signing up for the newsletter. It may be that I've already got those free tracks. Am downloading a free sampler this afternoon. The only available file format is aiff and flac, though.

Downloaded the Audiogon sampler in wav.

The LaScalas are modded a bit using Crites CT-125 tweeter and Type A/4500 crossover. Using Dave's Fastrac tractrix Lascala horn on the K-55.

Yesterday i was listening with a rebuilt Fisher 500B. no boutique parts, just built to spec. I put it in the system every once in a while.

Most often listen to a Erik Mandaville rebuilt/modded Baldwin 6L6 driven by a Sunfire tube preamp.

The source I'm using most is a wifi Logitech Squeezebox duet. Haven't looked to see what kind of resolution it is capable of. Not sure about that, but the HD tracks do sound good on it.

Most of what I'm listening to has been ripped from CD's to wav format. Some downloaded mp3's from Amazon, which are actually pretty good.

OK looked a bit at the Squeezebox specs. think i'm understanding that it supports 96kHz/24bit right out of the box.

wasn't clear how to accomplish the upgrade, but looks like with aftermarket software and a 192kHz/24bit capable external dac it will work.

not really too curious to check out the upgrade. what i'm hearing now already makes me smile.

edit: have you browsed the top 50 sellers at hdtracks? pretty eclectic list as one would expect, but there are a few zingers in it.

one surprise, just listened to samples, but Jurassic Park MP soundtrack actually has some good music in it. I was so taken by the visuals, never really heard the music while i was watching. listening to the samples, remembered them after hearing them. It wouldn't be up on my trigger list, but was an interesting surprise.