For Sale La Scalas

I am SHOCKED on pair number 2. I sent an email to the guy, and told him he was very lucky!! 800 dollars from what looked like a fantastic pair including grills..(Which is rare too.)

Seems every once in a while people fall asleep on eBay. I would have easily spent the 800 dollars if they were this good, (all origional parts and working of course) and 0-8 hours away from me drive time.

I met with Dano this past Saturday to discuss a possible purchase of his LaScalas. In the back of my mind, I was playing around with the idea of buying his speakers to compliment the pair of LaScalas I already have. My intention was to join the speakers in a d'apollito configuration (woofer-mid-tweeter-tweeter-mid-woofer). The combination would have been nearly seven feet tall. My 18 year old son really liked the "wall of sound" concept.

I'm happy to say that common sence prevailed. Rather than buy the LaScalas, I bought a Velodyne subwoofer from Dano instead.

The combination is super! For the first time we can now listen to our system "flat" without having the loudness button pushed in.

Good things come to those who visit this forum.

Thanks to Trey C., Al K., William McD, and Dano.

Dave

This message has been edited by Dave in Nashville on 06-27-2002 at 11:08 AM