Question about getting equipment worked on...

Hubster

I have a Yamaha DSP A1 gold limited edition- my lights keep going in and out so I would like to get it looked at-

Does anyone know if I should send it back to them or just try to find an electronics shop to take it to?

Any input would be great, I paid a pretty penny for it years ago and and would like a very competent expert to

Fix this for me. I'm located in NW Ohio

Thank you

Hubster,

That's an interesting question just considering the age of the gear. It's over 25 years old, right?

It would be worth checking out whether Yamaha would offer "authorized service" for that unit. Couldn't guess how likely it would be to still have parts for it.

Could be that since it's an intermittent problem that it's something simple that could be diagnosed and repaired on someone's tech bench.

Sorry, no help on any referrals. Hope you can get that resolved in good order.

Actually if I remember right I bought it new in 1998. I thought maybe it was a loose connection

The way it dims and goes out then back. Luckily for me it has on screen programming otherwise I wouldn't

Know if it was on and sucking down the local power grid lol.

Thanks daddy dee

It would be worth checking out whether Yamaha would offer "authorized service" for that unit. Couldn't guess how likely it would be to still have parts for it.

I normally would turn to the factory if one still exists, as the best source of reparability and parts info. Otherwise it might be pot luck finding anyone local who really knows and can work on such a vintage item.

Craig NOSValves knows lots of things about vintage stuff, and I'd trust his thoughts and recommendations if you can't track down a factory or some other recognized repair source.