Klipsch RF 82ii/RF 7ii

Hello Klipsch Community

Dont know if this goes here or in Architectural section.

I am going to buy either the RF82ii or Rf7ii.

My question is, will these be to big for my room. My room is 340cm/133" long and 370cm/133" wide with an open side wall. They will be placed around 6,5" out from the walls with air to the sides. How will these speaker do in my room. Do they tend to be boomy. and can I use foam plugs to reduce-improve tuning?

Sincerely

Jonas

Hello Klipsch Community

Fiskeren,

Hello back to you and welcome to the forum.

I am going to buy either the RF82ii or Rf7ii.

Both great speakers.

My question is, will these be to big for my room. My room is 340cm/133" long and 370cm/133" wide with an open side wall.

So we are talking an approximately 11ft x 11ft room. IMO, pretty small for such large speakers to open up to their potential but still doable. It will work but placement will be key with distance from boundry walls precise to prevent boominess. If you plan on using either speakers in a larger room someday, by all means get the RF-7II's. I think with that size room, even the RF-52II's and RF-62II's will sound wonderful but keep in mind that "upgradeitis" can rear it's ugly head very soon after buying either of those guys.

Bill

The RF 62 will be so much easier to setup correctly considering problems with bass resonace and imaging in a small room compared to the much larger speakers. The 62's paired with a nice sub will easily step up to a larger room in the future.