Any 3D blu ray player suggestions?

themrclean

It can't be anything else other than the player. Either I got a faulty unit, or the Oppo just isn't that good. I have to believe the unit is just bad because people would not keep paying $500 for this. I will say that when I pause a blu ray and there is no movement in the picture it is very close to the PS3 but not quite as good. I have two blu rays that I have two copies of and I played them simultaneously on the Oppo and the PS3 through different inputs on the projector and would pause the movies at the same exact frame(or as close as possible) and switched back and forth. The PS3 was a very small fraction better but once I pushed play the PS3 became much better, especially in 3D. I experience zero crosstalk with the PS3 but a decent amount with the Oppo. I will try it tomorrow and use HDMI out 2 to see if bypassing Marvell will help. If not, it's back to Oppo.

Looks like this is where Oppo's customer service get's put to the test. Hopefully a replacement unit will meet your expectations and function properly. Most of the issues I've read about involve running the cable / satellite box thru the player but I see you took that out of the signal path and are trying other settings.

Hope it works out for you Todd.

It is going back and I am searching for it's replacement. I am looking at a Pioneer BDP-150 but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Bummer on the Oppo. The Pioneer looks like a really nice player with lots of features for the money. The difference in price should also help the THX fund........good luck!