4 Conductor Headset vs 3 Conductor Headphone Compatability

BLSamuel

Headset =4 conductor stereo headphone with mic

Headphone = 3 conductor stereo headphone

Do normal headphones with no mic work correctly as headphones in headset jack for headphones with mic?

• My experience says no.. My Image X10 only play in Samsung Galaxy S II if pushed and held in.

Do headsets with mic work correctly as headphones in a headphone jack?

• Would say Image X7i work as headphones in standard headphone jack. I still use c1999 mp3 player with standard 3 conductor headphone jack.
  • Can the 4 conductor headset plug damge the 3 conductor headphone jack? I wouldn't think so but not sure how the jacks are normally builit.

Thanks

I have not had a problem using three conductor miniplugs (just earphones) with three HTC cell phone which also accept the four conductor miniplug when a microphone is added.

I would have thought that all the specifications for the set up have been standardized, so I'm a bit surprized to read that you're having problems.

OTOH, I did have to use a little more force (just a little) to get a three conductor type to fully engage an HTC One.

Let me say it is a nice telephone, and I particulary like it for the FM radio.

WMcD

I have to push and hold my standard 3 conductor Image X10 in my Samsung Galaxy S II and had couldn't get an headphone to RCA cable to work bbut the plug on it may be too vbig with the Body Glove protective case.

The Galaxy's case is kind of rounded. Maybe if I flattened it a bit with a file.

Thanks for the input.