15" Subwoofer Driver Identification

johnstms92

Greetings all. I'm looking to find out about a pair of very impressive subwoofer drivers I have come to own. I purchased them about a year ago to begin building a pair of sonotube subwoofers, however with the lack of specs/tc parameters, and going back to school, I have not yet gotten around to it.. Anyways, Im hoping to get some help on how to discover what these mystery drivers are. I bought them from an authorized Krell dealer, who says they are NCA Labs drivers, unused, but that was its limitations. the only thing I discovered was a serial (?) number on the bottom of the cone which reads "CN1530.1" Does anyone know much about NCA Labs and their drivers? I know they build the woofers for many of the high end companies. I was told by the friend I purchased these from that these drivers are a prototype woofers for the Krell Master Reference subwoofer. Who knows for sure... Thats where you fellows might come in! Any ideas? I e-mailed the company once before, and never got a reply back. I just sent them another email. But do any of you mates have any info/ideas for me?

post-44787-13819855263356_thumb.jpg

Thanks CECAA, I was told by a buddy of mine to look into the new DATS (same thing as the WT3 link you sent me), but it's $100!! I'll only need it once and for like 20 minutes it looks like! haha. Anyone near me (Milwaukee-Madison, WI) who can help me out on finding the parameters of these woofers? I'm all ears wisconsin! :)

hahah, don't worry I was extremely careful!! and with those 7 layers of polyurethane, it serves as nice protection. If it helps you sleep, when I carefully uplifted it off, it didn't make a scratch ;) These Cornwalls have just been replaced by these babies. (B&W Nautilus 803's) the cornwalls sit unused on the wall to the left now.. until I find room for them in the living room that is.

post-44787-13819855559828_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

TC Sounds was the OEM for the drivers in the Krell MRS subwoofer, they were similar to the TC1000.

If you are anywhere close to Green Bay, Wi, you might try contacting John Janowitz @ AE Speakers, he might be able to measure the T/S parameters for you fairly quickly, although he may charge you a small fee.