KLF-20 vs. CF-3 Would like some opinions...

bizzle2525

I have the opportunity to pick from these two speakers to purchase at fairly the same same price. They seem to have similar specs and build but I would like some others opinions who have experienced both or either. I love bass first off, that is pretty important to me. Which throws better bass out. I also obviously like a good solid upper end with smooth crisp sound. I would probably start by getting some titanium tweeters from Bob Crites for either one, and would dampen the horns as Ive heard they are thin. I have experience with the Forte I, and Crites Cornscalas. I really liked them both and thought they were pretty close in sound. Any help would be appreciated with others experience with either the Klf-20s or C-3s, Thanks.

Changing the Aluminum diaphragm is a bit of a job that most would not be happy with but you can install an EV ti diaphragm into the K63KN driver. Perhaps an easier route would be to find a pair of EV DH1506 or the DH1506HP. These are better drivers than the K63KN and if they don't already have titanium diaphragms in them you can simply drop a pair in in a few minutes. Either way you will need a ti diaphragm from EV for a DH2 (same as the DH1506). If you have a stereo amp with 200 or more watts per channel or if you are prepared to biampwith a pair of identical stereo power blocks of say a solid 75 - 100 watts a channel the CF3 would be the way to go imo. I really like the woofers in the KLF20 and that is what I am running right now. So both woofers are very good I think you would be happy either way. As for horns I prefer a good two way over three way. So the Cf3 wouldget my vote there. Hope this helps some. Best regards Moray James.

] I own a pair of cf3's and i love them.They produce a lot of bass and they are fantastic rock speakers.And they are efficient.The cf3's with the five inch ports are the ones i have.I have seen some bad press on the 2nd and 3rd series ones with the shorter ports.

Thanks moray, always good info for sure. Also the email was very informative. ducati, what makes the cf3 and 4 with the shorter ports worse? Ive heard this somewhere but never really understood why. I have purchased the KLFs and will pick them up tomorrow! They were local and was a person Ive dealt with before., But I am considering the CF3s as like a four channel setup. [;)]

But still would like others to chime in the differences and advantages from one to ther other before I consider pulling the trigger on the CF3's. Thanks again