Replacing midrange KLF-30's

Aj72

Aj72: if you like what the ti tweeter diaphragms did you are in for an even bigger and better surprise. Only available from Klipsch only for service not upgrade. Worth every penny. Be fore warned you are on the top of a slippery slide. After this you will want better drivers and that is sure to lead you to better diaphragms for your better drivers and all roads lead to Be diaphragms so start saving now. Best regards Moray James.

You know this hobby is a funny thing. Almost always an upgrade takes a bit of work to make it just that. I bought these KLF30's not long ago but they are at the moment a step sideways and possibly even a tiny step back. I am yet to buy anything that was an immediate upgrade in my system without a bit of work to make it just that. It's neverending. I do feel however that I have all the right speakers and I'm now just fine tuning to get that last little bit of sweet harmony. The funny thing is before the KLF 30's I had that harmony with my all KG series HT setup. But I always wanted the KLF 30's for years after hearing a lot of good things about them. My system was really singing before but I had to scratch the itch when these came up for a bargain. I have replaced a couple of woofers already, the tweeters (this did provide immediate upgrade so is an exception) and I'm hoping the titanium midrange will do the trick and give that final bit of balance. If it doesn't I can go back to how it was. Maybe the KG's will always match a bit better as that would make sense because the KLF is a different series? I will definitely keep the KLF 30 for two channel either way. At this stage although Ive read much about crossover work being very beneficial I'm hoping to leave it as is. What did you mean by "only available for service not upgrade"? Can you not buy these parts direct? I have sent an email to Klipsch support enquiring about price and how to get them. I live in Australia so postage is a killer. Are you referring to better diaphragms for the 12inch driver/woofer or does the driver mean something else? I didnt see a response to how easy is it to change the stock midrange over to the titanium? Thanks.

you can stop any time you want to but you may require the help of a twelve step program. that said going backwards is very difficult. for me changing out diaphragmns to all ti was a big step but there is more that you can do to modify the woofers compression drivers and the cabinets. the more complete your modifications the more necessay you will find the crossover to be.

klipsch have a policy to only sell parts for service and not for upgrading and you may have to attempt to purchase several times before you are successful. I was referring to compression driver diaphragms. you mentiond that you have two new woofers were you able to purchase nos parts or did you get two of Bob's woofers? compression driver diaphragms for the mid are as easy to change as the tweeters. Radian sell improved diaphragms made with aluminum diaphragms and half round Mylar surrounds but not for any klipsch drivers and Be diaphragms are also available but not for klipsch so my reference to other better drivers. I damp the compression driver motor structure inside and out as well as the diaphragm butterfly to reduce resonance and reflections. make sure that you retain and use the diaphragm spaces which you have now for use with the titanium diaphragms. take one of your motors apart and have a look to get familiar with how it goes together. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.vueaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ALMA_Europe_Symposium_2011-PAPER_Small.pdf