Dave's Ewave Kit

justinsweber

Ive built a few CS-1 over the last few years. I really love the Selenuim H2525 horn, but trying a new formula sounded fun.

Dave had put alot of research in the AK Ewaves... I bought a set from him outright a year ago. (My wife loved the smaller size and plan jane looks.

He had let me see the progress of his DIY kit for Ewave cabs, Making them keyed and using t-nuts. That said... this cabs are just pretty.... The came together cleanly and felt solid. The Woofer could be front or rear mounted, the rear panel was removable and bolted together with bolt and t-nuts. Even the board for the crossover was removable. Ive been slowly working on these for the past 6 months. Between my 17mo daughter, 2 jobs and a daily 200mi commute.. .time is not my friend. I built the crossovers 1st and put them off to the side, then cab the cabs and finishing. I played them last night, and they sounded great!.

post-39161-13819860607548_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I could take credit... the kit did the work... Dave had this thing with T-nuts everywhere.... I believe new versions are daydo'd into place... adding to the rigidity.

I do wish I tried Daytons PA 12" and or tried the 15" general use Dayton. Dave's crossover design mod makes it a true 1st order... run any darn thing you want :-).

I guess I miss spoke. I was punch drunk with lack of sleep. The read is removable and makes use of 10-12 1/4-20 bolts with t-nuts into the flashing. The whole cab was crazy over built... I believe he has made multiple revisions with the goal of building it smarter and stronger. The crossover is an example... it is the circle from cutting the front baffle for the woofer. It bolts to the rear baffle and makes the rear even stronger. If I keep for me.. I may try Dave’s drift horn.

I dressed the kit up, but... but design was not my handy work. I think Dave cut these on his CNC. I’ve moved building my amps to CNC cut panels from front panel express to gain the benefits of CNC milling. The CNC allows for repeatability and closer tolerances. God bless the CNC :-). The 15 might be able to be shoe horned in ... that would be a hat trick and a half!

I’m bringing my own products and website up soon... Ill show you guys some pics in a separate post later of what I’ve been working on... Should be cool and maybe not lose money doing it.

Justin,

thanks for saying more about that.

a couple of thoughts. If i'm understanding your post, you are also considering building one of Dave's Drift speaks? That would be an interesting compare and contrast with the Ewaves, although, i am bringing the expectation that the Drift is more refined or such.

so you're planning a website on your amp builds? I've seen some of the pics on Dave's site and wanted to ask you about those. So if they are in the pipeline, great. just post a heads uP!

Guest David H

Dave's crossover design mod makes it a true 1st order... run any darn thing you want

I hate to disappoint, but this crossover mod was strictly for use with this woofer. The woofer naturally rolls off 3rd order due to its rising impedance and 2.7mh inductance.

post-24405-1381986121693_thumb.jpg