Alternative to Klipsch KA1000THX amp for KW120

NimaBeamer

Hello,

I could get my hands on a used KW120THX passive subwoofer to augment my other two KW120 (with KA1000THX).

Getting another KA1000THX for the used KW120 would be too expensive and not in my budget. And used ones are also very scarce in Germany.

Does anyone have experience with an alternative amp? I have heard the Dayton SA1000 is very similiar in design to the KA1000THX.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards from Germany

Nima

The Dayton amp is easy to use and combines the two channels to a mono output. It has a subsonic filter for vented subs and it is possible to add a bass boost for sealed subs. There is a slightly more powerful amp, the sub1 sold by Chase Home Theater that will run two subs and has similar features to the Dayton amp. I replaced the Dayton with the Berhinger I Nuke 3000 DSP.

I don't know the RMS or Peak right off hand for your sub. Which Berhinger amp that you will need has to take into account the amount of power needed by the sub/s. The Berhinger 6000 can be ran in stereo mode, I use bridge mode to run two subs with the 3000 DSP I Nuke. Because of this, my subs are ran in paralle and only connected to the A channel. So, the way you hookup the amp and speakers may be a little tricky depending on which amp you get and how much power the subs need.

Edited by derrickdj1

• 1 month later...