Defective units?

I was an owner of PM2.1s, they worked perfectly for the first couple of months but then a strange buzzy sound started to come from the right satellite ( the one without the control pod ) even though i never cranked it up. I tried everything, exchanging the speaker connections, hooking it up with other devices, cleaning the knobs, using other sound cards but the problem prevailed. Thankfully i was able to sell it. Now i was thinking of buying the 4.1 system from US ( i'll be using them in Pakistan ). I need to know if it is very common for the promedia 4.1s to start giving problems within a few months of purchase. Why has klipsch stopped manufacturing the 4.1s, is it due to the overheating problem that most of the buyers face?. Plus one more thing, is bestbuy supposed to be a poor store? ( i am not fimiliar with the retail stores here ).

This message has been edited by Bohemian_Rhapsody on 07-04-2002 at 09:10 AM

Well it's good to know that the Promedia 4.1s are not discontinued, actually i was told by a person on klipsch's help line that:

"Last but not least Pro Media 4.1 is discontinued and we are sold out for the 230 V versions. Your are lucky if you get one at Surcouf. In the States they have

a lot of 110 V versions in stock. Therefore they have to offer a special deal".

I have decided to buy the speakers from Bestbuy anyway and i will check the extended warranty thing as well. Thank you very much for your reply.

Discontinued in favor of the 230V? That would make NO sense, seeing as the biggest buyer of promedia systems is the USA. And the USA uses 110-120V. I think they were mistaken, or else they know something I don't know. But I hardly think they would stop making the 4.1, not for a long while.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>