Just sold my Super Amp

Deang

A completely bizarre experience.

I went to AudiogoN tonight for the express purpose of removing my add for the base Super Amp, because I had decided I mind as well stay biamped.

I deleted the add and went to check my mail and found 5 emails asking about the amp!! That thing ran for over a month without even a nibble.

I also saw Chris' in there again for $895, and another add for a Signature version for $1300.

Mine sold for $1050, plus he agreed to pay shipping and the Paypal 3%.

He did mention he liked the volume control because he wanted to go CD direct.

He got a good deal.

It's just going to kill me having to give up that power cord though.

f>s>cwm12.gif

------------------

Deanf>s>

Klipsch RF7s driven with the

DJH AE-25 PP triode Super Amp.

A SF-Line 1 loaded with 6922's

and a 9000ES finish the front.

The low bass is supplied by SVS

and Samson. The crossover is HSU.f>s>

This message has been edited by deang on 07-06-2002 at 11:09 PM

I am now almost positive this is the exact same guy who said he was "definitely" going to buy Chris' Super Amp! Same communication. He said "the paypal is IN tonight" and AGREED.

Then....nothing. I believe the fact that I gave Chris' paypal account which was not my audiogon name or account scared the guy off. He wasnt exactly a talker through email either but was short and sweet... "I want the amp. Where do I send the money. I pay paypal and will pay shipping FEDEX 2 DAy Air."

Bummer. I bet it's the same guy. Sorry Chris! Did you sell your Super Amp with good tubes?

kh

EDIT: I just went and looked at your amp sale post here (the original). You did have some damn good stuff with that Super Amp. Was a GREAT deal considering the cord, tubes, and added parts.

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 07-07-2002 at 01:58 AM

Jumpin' Jiminy !! DeanG, glad for you and sad for Mobile and me.

Jeez, Mobile had company at his place last night, and here he is, jumpin' on and off of the computer trying to close this deal throughout the evening. Then he scarfs yours!

Amazing, tragic, fortuitous, karma, destiny, Bermuda Triangle.

Well, ironically enough, the same thing happened to Chris and me that happened to ole DeanG: The guy positively said he wanted the amp and agreed to paypal that eve and then just disappeared. It is a very annoying feeling as dean described, especially since I had tried to leave company to iron out the deal to make the freak happy as he seemed in quite a rush to get everything settled.

But, alas, there really is nothing you can do besides fire off an email admonishing the lad for circumspect AudiogoN practices. As of 10am, no word from him.

I can't feel too bad as poor David Nalbandian can barely win a game in the Wimbledon finals against Layton Hewitt...

kh

Well, he did transfer the money to Paypal within 20 minutes after our discussion.

I originally paid $1000 for the amp. I then bought the EL-34's for around $100, the Cleartops for $32, and the Beckmans's for $110. It cost me $192 to use the amp for 4 months. Not bad really, considering the enjoyment I got out of it.

I still can't help but feel that if someone has a propensity for making offers and then not following through -- that this should be reflected in the feedback. This type of thing could cost one a potential sale -- if another offer comes through, and you decline, thinking it is already sold.

f>s>

------------------

Deanf>s>

Bi-amplified Klipsch RF7s using

a pair of AE-25 PP triode amps.

A SF-Line 1 loaded with 6922's

and a 9000ES finish the front.

The low bass is supplied by SVS

and Samson. The crossover is HSU.f>s>