Photo
- - - - -

Few questions about Klipsch M40 headphones.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jac0b

Jac0b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

Hello everyone,

I got few questions about M40, I just got mine today. I'll just add that I'm using Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround Pro 5.1 audio card.

What I wanted to know is if they will be working okay with Jack to Optical audio cable ? I would like to buy one, as I have that port in my audio card and PS4.
Also, while testing them I noticed one thing, when I try them out with some BlueRay movie and i turn on ANC I can see that sound is improving a lot, is louder and more detailed. The problem stats when I try to listen to music(mp3, flac) with ANC on, bass is is cracking on 100% audio and it stops when I go to 50%. Any solution to that or just my audio card is not good enough ?

Greetings
Jacob

#2 johnnydrama

johnnydrama

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:54 AM

The issue isn't with the audio card, the M40s distort at max volume. I noticed this as well when I owned a set. Wasn't a huge issue for me as the volume was higher than my desired listening level at the point they would distort. My biggest complaint with the M40s was fatigue and the cans becoming uncomfortable after an hour or so of use. I've heard this has been addressed with the new Klipsch Statuses. However, I've moved on to Monster Inspirations and am extremely happy with them.

MAIN VIEWING AREA 5.1:

Display: EPSON HC8350 projected on 108 inches
AVR: Harman Kardon AVR-354 

Fronts: Klipsch XL-12s

Center: Klipsch XL-23

Rears: Klipsch XL-12s

Sub: Dayton Ultimax 12" Sealed Subwoofer Powered by Yung 500w Plate Amp w/ 6 dB Boost @ 25 hZ

Components: Samsung BD-E6900 / Apple TV / XBOX 360 250GB Kinect
Controlled By: Logitech Harmony ONE

All Plugged Into: Rocketfish Power Center

OFFICE 2.1:

Display: Vizio M260VA 
Audio: Regent HT-391 / Klipsch XL-12s

PERSONAL:

Cans & Buds: Bowers & Wilkins P5s, Klipsch S4s
Devices: iPad 4 / Samsung Galaxy S3 / Acer Ultrabook / iPod Classic 160GB
PREVIOUSLY OWNED KLIPSCH:

Speakers: KG4s, XF-48, XB-10, RB-61ii, RF-62ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, S-10, G-28, G-16

Cans: Image ONE, Mode M40

FOR SALE: Definitive Technology