Wondering about the "Hercules Game Theater XP with External Power Rack"

Gluegun

I posted this on the Sound Cards area, but few people go there, so I'm posting it here too.

I haven't heard this much about this sound card. How does it compare to the Sound Blaster Platinum 5.1? It seems that these two cards are competing for the 5.1 digital audio concept...which is gonna be better. The Game Theater's aren't really out yet, and barely anyone seems to be using the Platinum 5.1. I only heard about this product on the Voodoo Computer (not related to the video card) website. Here's what THEY had to say about this card (I didn't understand a word of this rant):

From the makers of the award winning Maxi Sound ISIS and MUSE Sound Cards - let's not forget that Guillemot is one of the best soundcard manufacturers in the world. Their specialty was professional sound and top-end graphics when they bought Hercules. Now they're even stronger. This product is absolutely UNREAL for gaming and DVD multimedia. For hardcore gamers: A real sound station for game fans: Including both a PCI sound card and a powerful external rack, the Game Theater XP is the most powerful, innovative and easy-to-use solution ever offered to gamers. - Multiple USB and game port accessible on the front panel lets players plug in several game peripherals simultaneously for multi-player gaming. Connect joysticks, wheels or gamepads and start playing! - The external rack includes a high-speed 4-port USB hub, compatible with all USB devices. - A powerful DSP accelerator for unparalleled 3D sound experience on 2 or 4 speakers leaves your computer free for other tasks. - Included in the extensive suite of high quality software bundled with Game Theater XP, Sensaura Virtual Ear brings gaming reality one step closer allowing you to custom configured 3D gaming sound sound effects to your own ears. For DVD enthusiasts: The ideal solution for PCs equipped with a DVD drive - Experience surround sound on 2, 4 or 6 speakers (5.1 channels) with PowerDVD's certified Dolby Digital decoder. - Using standard stereo headphones, you can enjoy unparalleled Dolby 5.1 surround sound with PowerDVDs certified Dolby Headphone technology. - Dolby Digital and DTS formats supported by PowerDVD on the digital outputs of the Game Theater XP (Coaxial or Optical). For music fans: Convert any kind of audio source to MP3 and play back your tracks using Cirrus Logics SoundFusion DSP MP3 decoding accelerated in hardware without straining your PC. - Connect your USB MP3 player to the USB port for high-speed downloads. - Load digital audio files onto MiniDisc or DAT thanks to the Optical and Co-axial Digital In/Out. - 1/4" Mic pre-amplifier input jack for connection of a high-quality microphone. - Connect your MIDI keyboard to the complete MIDI interface (MIDI-In / MIDI-Out DIN connectors). - Game Theater XP is compatible with all popular music applications: Cubase VST, Cakewalk, Logic Audio and others.

Could someone translate that, and tell me how that compares to the Platinum 5.1? Please?

------------------

"Feh."