Please help with how to connect SW110..

gibson00

Hi all,

Kind of new to setting up a home theater.

I recently purchased a SW110 subwoofer. My new receiver is a Sony STR-DH740.

When I purchased the sub, the salesperson sold me one cable, saying I would just need that, and to connect it to the left white colored input on the back of the SW110.

But the back of the Sony receiver has a section called Subwoofer Out, with two black outputs.

What is the proper way to connect these?? I did read the manuals for both devices, but neither really seem to cover this particular combo of connections, at least not that jive with what the salesperson told me..

Help!!

Edited by gibson00

Hi all,

Kind of new to setting up a home theater.

I recently purchased a SW110 subwoofer. My new receiver is a Sony STR-DH740.

When I purchased the sub, the salesperson sold me one cable, saying I would just need that, and to connect it to the left white colored input on the back of the SW110.

But the back of the Sony receiver has a section called Subwoofer Out, with two black outputs.

What is the proper way to connect these?? I did read the manuals for both devices, but neither really seem to cover this particular combo of connections, at least not that jive with what the salesperson told me..

Help!!

Hello and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the purchase as well. Connecting a sub does require just a single cable. And the salesman was correct, plug one end of the cord into the white LFE input on the back of the subwoofer. Then plug the other end of the cord into the back of the receiver where it says subwoofer out. It doesn't matter which of the 2 subwoofer outputs you plug it into. Either should work. I'm assuming your receiver is capable of pushing 2 subwoofers and that's why there is 2 outlets for subwoofers on the back. Hope this helps.