acurus 5x125 amp on the bay 444.00

crustywon

I've owned Acurus amplifiers since 1994. The Acurus 125X5 will drive any klipsch speaker to higher SPL's than any sane person would care to listen to if the speaker is capable of handling the power. Using 250 watts to drive a speaker with an efficiency of 100 db 1 watt one meter is simply a waste of money or a need for ego inflation.

Keith

I've owned Acurus amplifiers since 1994. The Acurus 125X5 will drive any klipsch speaker to higher SPL's than any sane person would care to listen to if the speaker is capable of handling the power. Using 250 watts to drive a speaker with an efficiency of 100 db 1 watt one meter is simply a waste of money or a need for ego inflation.

Keith

Keith,

I am not downing the A125x5 at all, it is a great amp no question.

All is correct that you said but I would not suggest the A125x5 for driving a full RF-7 system in a large HT and expecting to get the desired dynamics that are vital for a true life movie experience. I would suggest an A200 or A250 plus the A125x5 for a 7.1 system in that same theater though. I previously owned an A200x5(200FIVE), actually two of them. As good an amp as it is, it did not provide the punch and dynamics as my current setup with an A200 and A200x3.

That's all I was trying to convey with my previous post. The Acurus A125x5 is a wonderful sounding amp and I would own one.

Bill

Edited by willland