Pioneer IControl

akdave

I have an Elite VSX 53 receiver and I just purchased the wireless adaptor to try to use my ipad for their IControlAV2 app.

I had read numerous reviews prior to wading into these waters that the setup is cumbersome at best, and unusable at worst.

I have only had a couple of brief moments to tinker with this and hope to work at it more this evening after work, but have any of you with Pioneer/Elite receivers used this feature (or even just getting your receiver online) and do you have a better 'how to' process than the manual? I'm relatively "techy" but this does not seem straight forward out of the box.

I haven't given up hope by any stretch, but I have that "this is going to take a couple of hours" vibe coming on and was hoping it will be a little easier to set up.

I have it on my laptop. It works ok but, I just use my Harmony remote for most things related to the Pioneer remote. If I remember correctly I just typed in the IP address on IE. I need to see if my I control still works.

Edited by derrickdj1