KG 4.2 What center and surrounds to use?

rc4mike

I have a pair of KG 4.2 speakers that I am thinking of using as my mains. I need a center channel, surrounds, and rears. Any suggestions? Will be getting a Denon 3802 or 4802 soon. Speakers are going in my totaly dedicated theater room.

Thanks

Mike

2.2v center

.5, 1.5 or 2.2 rears

------------------

Klipsch 5.2 mains

Klipsch 4.2 rears

Klipsch KLF 10 Horned converted center channel

Mitsubishi 55" HD widescreen tv

Toshiba pro scan DVD audio player

Sony Hi-Fi VCR player

Harman Kardon AVR 65 receiver

Mike-

You could also use any of the KV series of center channel speakers. Your post has almost perfect timing; I was going to post this weekend for my parent's KV-3 and an extra pair of KG 1.5s I have. The KV-3 is satin black finish and in near-mint condition. I don't have the box for that one, but do have some pics. The pair of 1.5s are the light oak finish, also in near-mint, with original boxes. Shoot me an email if you are interested and we can discuss price.

The KV-3 is an excellent center channel, and would match up good with your KG 4s. I used a KV-3 as a center with my Forte IIs for about 8 years before finding an Academy. The KG 1.5s are a great set of speakers. I have a pair of KG 1.2s currently as my rear center speakers, with the aforementioned Forte IIs now as surrounds and Chorus IIs up front. Before I got the Chorus IIs, I had two pair of 1.2s for surround and back center duty. The 1.5s are basically the same speaker as the 1.2s, but they are pre-drilled for use with the Omnimount system.

Rob

This message has been edited by jhawk92 on 07-11-2002 at 12:09 PM

Mike,

I have a 2.2v in oiled oak for sale as we speak.

It is on ebay as well as on the klipsch board under general question and home theater

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1365536225

and email for a picture if you would like to see it

------------------

197? Walnut Cornwalls

198? Walnut Heresy II's

1999 Mahogany KLF-30's

1999 Mahogany KLF-C7

2001 Black Ash RB-5's

Receiver-Yamaha 995

DVD Player-Toshiba 3109

T.V.-Toshiba 52 inch

2 ksw 12's for sale

kg 2.2v for sale

looking for a rc-3

LOL - I have a pair of SS-1s that just came down from the wall today (Synergy surrounds). They are white and they have only been used a couple of months.

The upgrade bug ate my lunch... Beware, I was almost exactly where you are now, about 4 months ago.

Ruh Roh, you are in trouble already. Spend some time and determine whether you want to augment your existing speakers or start over. Audition the RF3s, spend some quality time with them. Carefully, evaluate the condition of your kg4.2s - to determine expected life.

I discovered a tear in one of my KG4 surrounds after the fact.

cwm4.gif

If you decide to augment your existing speakers, the guys here will help you find what you need, and offer very fair prices for their used, well cared for gear, or point you to auctions currently going on.

Good Luck

This message has been edited by cluless on 07-12-2002 at 09:31 AM